- Progress your kayaking in a warm water summer destination with highly experienced, fully qualified instructors.
- Expert low ratio coaching, tailored to suit you and your kayaking
- A playboater’s heaven where you can push your freestyle to the next level whether it’s learning to spin for the first time or nailing your airscrew.
- Set amongst tall pine forests there are a wide variety of channels, rapids and lines to practise your river running skills.
- Flexible trip to suit your needs.
- Optional extras include a trip to the world renowned Lachine rapids, mountain biking, white water rafting, bungee jump, city tours of Ottawa and Montreal and many other activities (not included in price).
Setting the boundary between the provinces of Ontario and Quebec, the Ottawa River is a kayaking paradise hidden amongst the forests of eastern Canada. Just an hour and a half’s drive away from the country’s capital Ottawa City, the ‘Rocher Fendu’ section is world renowned for it’s big volume waves and warm water fun. It is a fantastic location for both beginning and advancing your river play. Our days will be a mix of focused coaching, play sessions, video analysis, and leisurely river trips, all tailored to suit you.
The two major channels of the Ottawa River, the ‘Main’ and the ‘Middle’ provide relaxed yet lively day trips, whilst the two main play rapids of ‘McCoy’s’ and the ‘Lorne’ provide the ideal locations for our freestyle coaching. The accommodation for this trip is a private riverside self-catered cabin that is just a short paddle away from both of these perfect playgrounds. Our cabin has it’s own calm inlet on which to launch onto the river and it’s also idyllically set for early morning swims and late night campfires.
In addition to seeing all the Ottawa River has to offer there is an optional extra: the opportunity for the more experienced playboaters to test out their big waves skills on the Lachine rapids. As well as this, there are plenty of off water activities that can be added to your kayaking trip including mountain biking, white water rafting, bungee jump, city tours of Ottawa and more (not included in the cost of the trip).
The package is a 14 day trip currently running on the following dates:
Between July-August 2018
These dates are flexible. We will alter the length and start dates to suit your needs wherever possible, and do our best to arrange a completely new date if that's what you require. Drop us an email if the date you want is not there... email@example.com
Who is the trip suitable for?
This trip is best suited for anyone who is comfortable on grade 2-3 with some experience of rolling in moving water. If you have any doubt at all whether your ability suits this trip drop us an email and we would be happy to advise... firstname.lastname@example.org
This trip is hosted by Jamieson Travel and Tours at Pioneer Point Guesthouse
Contact us... email@example.com
- Expert individualised, low ratio coaching from experienced and qualified coaches
- Daily video coaching and analysis
- Logistics and guiding for the duration of the stay
- Shuttles to and from Ottawa Airport on the arrival and departure dates listed
- All shuttles and transport to and from the river
- Lunches for the duration of the stay
- Self catering accommodation in a riverside cabin for the duration of the trip
- Local knowledge on and off the river to help you get the most out of your stay
- Advice prior to trip on the climate, equipment needed and general travel advice if desired
- At the end of the trip the LiLi coach will give you a full review of your paddling, and an action plan for where to go next and how
- Breakfast, evening meal and all drinks.
- Optional extra activities including visiting Lachine
- Kayaking equipment (it is possible for us to arrange rental for an additional cost).
- Travel insurance.
£1295 (includes a £250 deposit).
If you have any queries at all, feel free to drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book This Trip
LiLi are proud of their commitments to responsible tourism and carbon offsetting. We donate 1% of our trip income towards projects in the countries of our trips. To find out more about how to offset your the carbon emmisions, and some of LiLi's thoughts on this issue click here.