Learn to kayak in an exotic location guided by highly experienced, fully qualified instructors.
- Huge variety of easy flows, channels and rapids with no rocks – a perfect environment for learning to kayak.
- Warm water, equatorial climate and stunning wildlife.
- Suitable for anyone who is eager to learn to kayak – no prior experience necessary.
- Experience African culture and enjoy the Ugandan lifestyle.
- Flexible trip to suit your needs - Optional extras include safari, white water rafting and many other activities (not included in price).
The White Nile is one of the best places in the world to learn to kayak. Imagine living on a tropical island, surrounded by countless easy channels and flows, colourful wildlife, warm water with a relaxed lifestyle. Add to these factors constructive coaching from some of the Nile's most experienced instructors who are aiming their coaching directly at your needs as an individual and you have the recipe for an amazing experience.
The trip aims to start from the absolute basics, teaching the essential flat water and moving water skills. For those with some prior experience we will focus on consolidating skills and ironing out bad habits. As you gain a better understanding of white water and your skills improve we gradually progress onto more advanced sections of moving water and look at more dynamic skills in a moving water environment.
The LiLi guides are highly experienced and qualified instructors who have thousands of hours of coaching on this river alone. We will use this local knowledge and experience to tailor the trip to your needs and maximise your progression and enjoyment.
This trip is not just about kayaking. For every trip we sell we donate 1% towards Soft Power Health, an organisation set up by Jessie Stone (doctor and pro kayaker) to educate and support local communities on health issues. We will get an opportunity to see this in action and get involved for a day to see where your money is going.
11th to 25th April 2017
6th to 20th June 2017
11th to 25th July 2017
8th to 22nd August 2017
10th to 24th October 2017
5th to 19th December 2017
and any other time by arrangement.
These dates are flexible. We will alter the length and start dates to suit your needs wherever possible, and arrange a completely new date if that's what you require. Drop us an email if the date you want is not there... email@example.com
Who is the trip suitable for?
Anyone from a complete beginner who is keen to learn, up to people paddling grade 2 / 3 who are interested in progressing.
This trip will be run by Sam Ward. Sam has had over 6 years of coaching, guiding and paddling hard on the White Nile and is one of the Nile's most experienced coaches and kayakers.
Contact us... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shuttles to and from Entebbe Airport.
- All shuttles and transport to and from the river.
- Logistics and guiding for the duration of the stay.
- Expert individualised, low ratio coaching from experienced and qualified coaches.
- Daily video coaching and video analysis.
- Lunches for the duration of the stay and all meals whilst at the Hairy Lemon Campsite
- Camping fees (upgrades to a range of more luxurious accommodation are available at an extra cost).
- Local knowledge on and off the river to help you get the most out of your stay.
- Advice prior to trip on the climate, equipment needed and general travel advice if desired.
- At the end of the trip the LiLi coach will give you a full review of your paddling, and an action plan for where to go next and how.
- Personal possessions.
- Some meals whilst in Bujagali Falls.
- Kayaking equipment (we could arrange rental for an additional cost).
- Travel insurance.
7 day package - £599 (£899 one to one)
14 day package - £1099 (£1649 one to one)
Please contact your local doctor well in advance of the trip. They will fill you in on everything that you need to know.
Some information about vaccinations and anti-malarial drugs can be found here:
LiLi Community Support
LiLi donates 1 penny from every pound you spend on the White Nile trip towards Soft Power Health.
Check out LiLi's views on responsible tourism.
If you have any queries at all, feel free to drop us an email.
Book This Trip
LiLi are proud of their commitments to responsible tourism and carbon offsetting. By purchasing your holiday with Love it Live it you are also helping to contribute to these causes.