Learn to ROUNDHOUSE by doing exercises in the video!
What is it?
180° horizontal angle rotation on the green water at a vertical angle between 0° and 45°, clear of the foam pile at some point, where the paddler rotates around the bow of the boat landing in a backward position. It is first unique trick for the wave boating. The main difference between Roundhouse and a spin is that the centre of rotation is the bow here instead of the body centre, which is why the boat has the motion forward. Learning roundhouse movement will lead you to blunts, pan ams and even airscrews!
Step by Step
- Set up on the top of the wave.
- Go for the rail drive.
- Push on the leading edge and rotate your body to the secondary side.
- Place your blade at your hip and push with a sweep of your secondary blade.
- Move your shoulders over the paddle pressing on the blade while sweeping it and pushing your legs around the body.
- Upon landing use opposite blade for a back stroke.
Get your own copy of Freestyle Unlocked
Freestyle Unlocked is first book of the series. For this and more content buy your own copy of the book where you will find:
- Self-guided training tools that will teach you how to plan your sessions
- Insights on foundation skills
- Break down for preparation, initiation, execution and landing photos crossed with 3b concept of blade, body and the boat
- Most common mistakes and their solutions
- Top tips to take your trick to the next level!
You can buy the book at:
If you seek more how to videos see www.loveitliveit.co.uk/Unlocked/Freestyle