Learn to SPIN by doing exercises in the video!
What is it?
A Spin is at least a 360° horizontal angle rotation of the boat at an angle between 0° and 45° vertical angle. Spinning will come in handy when paddling in the current and changing direction that you want to go, through spinning in the hole or wave, or even for setting up or linking with other tricks!
Step by Step
- Set up in the basic position near the shoulder.
- Put the leading blade at the stern, looking upstream.
- Push yourself away using the back sweep stroke. Make sure to complete it at the bow. Try to keep looking upstream.
- Put in the second blade at the bow, rotate your upper body to the opposite side, looking at your point through the second shoulder.
- Do a front sweep stroke looking towards the starting point.
Get your own copy of Freestyle Unlocked
Freestyle Unlocked is first book of the series. For this and more content buy your own copy of the book where you will find:
- Self-guided training tools that will teach you how to plan your sessions
- Insights on foundation skills
- Break down for preparation, initiation, execution and landing photos crossed with 3b concept of blade, body and the boat
- Most common mistakes and their solutions
- Top tips to take your trick to the next level!
You can buy the book at:
If you seek more how to videos see www.loveitliveit.co.uk/Unlocked/Freestyle