Learn to hold a WAVE WHEEL by doing exercises in the video!
What is it?
Wave Wheel is a half cartwheel performed downstream over the peak of the wave.
Step by Step
- Build your speed paddling towards the peak point with a speed higher than the water.
- Once climbing the wave, initiate the double pump. The first elevation stroke should start at the highest point of your kicker wave.
- Once you finish the first part of the double pump, push for the second part of the double pump on the peak of the wave.
- Kick your feet down and push for the first end of a cartwheel.
- As the boat continues to rotate, either allow the boat to flatten out or try for additional ends.
Get your own copy of Freestyle Unlocked
Freestyle Unlocked is first book of the series. For this and more content buy your own copy of the book where you will find:
- Self-guided training tools that will teach you how to plan your sessions
- Insights on foundation skills
- Break down for preparation, initiation, execution and landing photos crossed with 3b concept of blade, body and the boat
- Most common mistakes and their solutions
- Top tips to take your trick to the next level!
You can buy the book at:
If you seek more how to videos see www.loveitliveit.co.uk/Unlocked/Freestyle