Learn to DOUBLE PUMP by doing exercises in the video!
What is it?
Double Pump is a technique that allows you to submerge your bow under the water, starting a vertical end. This is a foundation trick for all wheeling based tricks done either in the Feature, downriver or for entry moves.
Step by Step
- Paddle forward, building your speed
- Get the boat on the edge and perform a sweep stroke along your boat. Rotate your hips and push your lower foot up to elevate the
- Once the boat reaches the highest point, and your stroke reaches the back of your boat, turn the sweep stroke into sweep push
stroke, rotating your hips and shoulders to the side towards the water and smashing your upper foot under the water.
Get your own copy of Freestyle Unlocked
Freestyle Unlocked is the first book of the series. For this and more content buy your own copy of the book where you will find:
- Self-guided training tools that will teach you how to plan your sessions
- Insights on foundation skills
- Break down for preparation, initiation, execution and landing photos crossed with 3b concept of blade, body and the boat
- Most common mistakes and their solutions
- Top tips to take your trick to the next level!
You can buy the book at:
If you seek more how to videos see www.loveitliveit.co.uk/Unlocked/Freestyle